Thursday, November 1, 2012

Locked door (a bit clearer)

  I'm going up the white marble stairs heading to the glass door. The huge building is dazzling under the lights of the day sun. Large letters declare: "Lingreds Museum Of Contemporary and Modern Art". I feel curious... Yes, curious is the best word to describe the feeling. I'm surely not thrilled. Nor am I skeptic. Not really.
 I'm not a fan of modern art. I'm not going to bellow from the rooftops that modern art is a complicated reflection of human nature presented from different angles, but -- I am curious. What can they invent? Are they going to surprise me? Can they?
--
 First floor. Photos. Black and white images. Blurred pictures. The sun hiding behind trees. Are these trees? Faces with red ribbons glued so that they are crossing them. Okay.
 Second floor. That makes me smile. An enormous picture of colorful balloons in it. The colors associated with highlighters. Pink, green, blue.
 Third floor. Okay. Here you go. These are supposed to be ladies. I vacantly leaf through the book about the painter who created them. Damn. He used real girls to create this. He painted them all over their bodies and then rolled in paper. The paint from the body left mark and that was the picture. Fascinating. There were reasons to be curious about this stuff.
--
I'm standing in front of a white door with a question written on it. The question is "Can a door be locked being open?" I presume that this is another brainchild of a crazy mind. I touch the plastic door handle, which obeys. The door opens inviting me in. Well, at least this door is open. And it's definitely not closed.
 There not so many people in the museum and I can't see anybody from the staff, so I hesitate. Convincing myself that nothing can go wrong here and being more and more curious I enter.
 I find myself in a small room, which is white and well-lit. I see one more door to my right. There is a sign on it saying, "The door is locked". I look back hoping to find the first door but I see a flawless wall instead. There is nothing left but to open the door to my right. Surprisingly, its handle obeys and the door opens letting me in.
 I find myself in a small room, which is white and well-lit. I see the third door this time in front of me. There is a sign on it saying, "The door is locked". I look back hoping to find the second door but I see a flawless wall instead. There is nothing left but to open the door in front of me. Its handle obeys and the door opens letting me in.
 I find myself in a small room, which is white and well-lit. I see one more door in front of me. There is a sign on it saying, "The door is locked". I look back not even hoping to find the third door and I see a flawless wall. I open the door in front of me. Its handle obeys and the door opens letting me in.
 --
I find myself in a small room, which is white and well-lit. I see a door in front of me. I touch the handle knowing what is waiting me. I enter and see a door. Should it be the door? Is it the same door? Is it locked? The sign says, "The door is locked". What does "locked" mean? The door opens and lets me in, is it locked? I'm still in front of it reading "The door is locked" for the umpteenth time, how the hell can it be open? Locked. Locked. I can open the door. It is locked. The locked door can open. Is it open? Is it open?

1 comment:

  1. Well... even the cat is both alive and dead according to the good old Schrödinger trick)))

    --
    1) What does "locked" mean?

    2) I'm still in front of it reading "The door is locked" for the umpteenth time, how the hell it can be open?
    if you use a question mark, it should be 'how the hell can it be open?'

    ReplyDelete